Monday, March 9, 2009

Preppin' for the possibilities

Well, today is the day (the deadline)... We'll see if I won anything within a few weeks, but if you've been looking around the contest info (prob wondering what this is all about) you will know that this coming Sunday on March 15 STA will conduct phone interviews with the top 20 applicants. From those, the top 10 picks will then do a second video submission. I really hope to get picked for this because this will be my time to shine. I have some great ideas to do and look forward to trying them out for the STA. Though if I don't get picked, I'll just move on to other film ideas. This summer is full of possibilities!

One interesting thing I read was that the age cut off for applicants is 26, so I won't be able to try out for this next year. Just so ya'll know that I'm not totally crazy, the thing I'm banking on is that I'll be picked because I have so little experience. Being like your average college student who hasn't traveled to Europe, China, South America, etc but has been around just a few states & their local vicinity. I'm competing against many who have been to at least Mexico or Canada, speak 2 or 3 languages, and some have awesome videos (see Bri Eggers), but I don't see how some of them can top their current videos or actually do the same on the field! Well, like I said before, we'll see how it goes on the 15th....................... VOTE FOR ME!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment