Friday, August 14, 2009

End of Summer Update

Ok, sorry it's been awhile since the last post. As you could've guessed, I've been busy this summer with vacation. Though I have done some script-writing during it all.

Most recently I've been working on the beginning of a series for St. George, Utah. This series will help promote the life & activities to live around here. The beginning one is about biking (originally about just the Green Valley Loop, aka GVL, aka the Bear-Claw Poppy Trail). I have done some filming already but being the beginner cinematographer I am, found out I needed to have a film permit for filming on BLM land. Note to self: Check with city for similar permits. So now in about another week (takes at least two weeks to get a BLM film permit) I will be able to continue to film and get an interview with an actual ranger.

What I have filmed already are some clips of a bike shop owner & a manager talking about the GVL & some clips of mountain bikers actually biking the GVL. Next to do, as I've already said, is to film the ranger. Since this is now moving toward a more general biking video than about the GVL I plan on filming a couple other trails & some tips (such as dehydration dangers, bike equipment tips, etc.) Plan on this being released around Dec '09/Jan '10. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment